Thursday, September 13, 2012

More Stuff

My last couple of posts were pretty me-centric. Have you ever done a me-gybe? It's a cool move. Do a carve gybe in the straps and when you flip the sail let go with both hands, point at yourself and shout "ME ME ME!!!".

Anyway, I wasn't the only person at Punta San Carlos. There are so many characters down there, both rough camping and glamping (glamorous camping) at solosports. But they all have one thing in common, a love for the ocean, waves and water sports.

My travelling bud on the trip was Jason. I've previously blogged about Jason and his stories of disaster. Suprisingly, this trip was incident free.

He just sent me some pics so I'm going to post a few. Jason can actually do real surfing, where you paddle with your arms and that...

Glassy wave
And racing down from the point
Which reminds me! I was sailing back out down by the chili bowl when I saw Jason take his first point wave of the trip. He came at it from upwind and all I saw was a logo high set engulf him and push him in to the rocks. You really don't want to find yourself down there. The wind is cut-off by the cliffs, the waves are relentless, the rocks randomly poke out of the water and the kelp wraps itself round your legs. Broken kit guaranteed.

I kept checking on him as he hung out down there, thinking I should probably be doing something to assist. Then magically, 30 minutes later, up he popped, completely unscathed. One more pic:

Setting up for the chili bowl hit
I think I'm all out of material now. Texas wave sailing season is approaching. Fingers crossed for some weekend cold fronts.

No comments:

Post a Comment