Sunday, September 9, 2012

SUP and Stuff

Joey from solosports loaded a short video from last weekend onto youtube. Check out his aerial on the point. It is sick.

As well as great wind and waves, we had glassy surf every morning. Historically I have saved my energy for windsurfing but this time I decided to try to learn to SUP. Talk about perfect conditions!

Morning surf check
The first day I went straight out to the Bombora, which was a mistake. The take off is steep and I got worked, broke the leash, lost the board and had to swim in. It's a long swim! Thanks to Marty for rescuing my board. After that I stuck to the beach break and within a couple of sessions was getting long rides on super clean waves. So much fun!!



They found this litle critter in the campo. Glad it wasn't in my tent!
You can't see his stinger. But it was HUGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment