Sunday, April 22, 2012

SlognRide

Slog and ride sesh at South Packery yesterday. Suprisingly fun. Occassional chest high bowls were setting up for some nice snaps and aerials.

Jason sailed too. I got on the water first and saw him pull out his gear. Then he drove away for 15 minutes. Turns out he didn't have the right size mast. He then started rigging again but stopped. "I guess I'm not making it look that good" I thought. I came in and turned out he'd forgot his boom shim. I lent him mine, headed back out, gybed and he was gone! "What the..." 15 minutes later he came back again. The shim was too short. Finally after 2 hours he was rigged up, stepped on his board, and the wind died.

Whilst driving home I marvelled at Jasons history of mishaps. Last Saturday while 'sailing along' at Packery his mast broke and he ended up destroying his mast, boom and sail. Sunday the wind died and he came in a mile downwind of the launch. After walking back, picking up his truck and driving to his gear, he found a bunch of youths loading his kit into their truck.

What else? Getting tangled in fishing line at Bob Hall that had a shark on it (my favourite). Going through the pier at Port A with his windsurfing kit. Getting lost in the desert near Punta San Carlos for days... the list goes on.

It's great to see him back on the water!!

No comments:

Post a Comment