Wednesday, September 5, 2012

SOUTH SWELL ALERT!

That was the e-mail subject that got everything moving. 8ft waves at 20 seconds were forecast to hit Punta San Carlos Labor Day weekend.

A week later I found myself getting into this:

So what does 8ft and 20 seconds look like? Like this (all action shots courtesy of Clark Merritt):

After getting scared on the outer point the wave wraps round the point and cleans up. Perfect for a couple of nice turns, or lip smacks if you have the balls.

Next time I'm gonna go deeper.

And then you race down to the chili bowl for one or two last cracks. I spent a lot of time down there swimming...

When you've had enough of that. You head back upwind to the beach break where the more forgiving wave lets you push it a bit harder.

And the reward for all that fun? A round of ice cold Baja Fogs.
Fog you! You foggers!

2 comments:

  1. Nice try !
    You want me to believe that you were there (in massive sets) and that you are an accomplished wavesailor. I discovered the truth. You sent your wetsuit to Punta San Carlos and begged a pro to ride a couple of waves. How did I found that out? On the pics, you are not wearing booties. According to your previous post, you wrote that you would wear booties while windsurfing. Don't show too much on the web.... Truth will always come up. Remember Kim Kardarshian !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got me Noel! You need to come next time I send my wetsuit to PSC. Who told you about Kim and I??!! :)

    ReplyDelete