Sunday, January 29, 2012

Spock Technique

Yesterday I had a beautiful morning session at Port A on 4.7. Nice wind but no real waves to speak of.

Back at our place, enjoying a cup of char and watching Disney Channel, I checked the wind and it was still blowing 20. "Wanna head to Bird?"..."Yep". So we headed over there at 3ish and it was super good. Sailed my 5.6 Riot and 98L freestyle board, worked on spocks and finally got video of me making some. Yay!


It took me foreverrrrrr to start getting spocks. It was literally two years between my starting to make vulcans and spocks. I had good slide but was completely incapable of getting the board to spin the second half of the move. This was one of my better attempts:


And then I discovered the secret. Two words - "F2 Rodeo". Oh my goodness does it know how to spin! So that's my tip if you are getting vulcans but wrestling with spocks. Buy a Rodeo. You deserve it.

1 comment:

  1. Another secret: Don't look back until you're sliding. Makes things much easier...for The PooBag anyway.

    ReplyDelete