Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cold Cut Combo

I had a modest increase in vacation days this year and decided to use them to maximize my days Texas wave sailing. YEEEE-HAWWWW!!!. Today was on the lower end of my temperature tolerance:

Yes, it says 46F. Cold. Strategically falling in was the key to keeping the extremititties warm, as the water is toasty in comparison.

I cut my time between Port Aransas and South Packery. Great combo, quite powered on 4.2 and sailing solo at both spots. Port A was small but clean. Once I had scrubbed off my excess energy I headed to Packery which was a little bigger, I hung out opposite El Constante.

Packery is the better choice when the waves are small or the wind has a little West in it (works well in 350 to 359 deg). It's a weird spot though. You can sail around for ages amongst junky mess and then just before you decide to give up, the best wave ever will start breaking right in front of you...


1 comment: