Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Avanti Sails

I have been a follower of Dan Kaseler sails for years. In his Naish days the sails seemed to constantly win tests, then he went to Gaastra and Vandal until about a year ago. I'm now on my second quiver of Manics which were my all time favourite sails until I got the Riot 5.6. If I had to choose one sail for Texas, the Riot 5.6 would be it.

So, after destroying my baby (my 5.6) recently at Quintana, I was dreaming about my next sail quiver. Should it be another set of gaastras? The Severne S1s look interesting. I also rode the Naish Boxer on maui and couldn't fault it, both brands have similar mast curves to gaastra which makes them all the more attractive. Then I saw this:


They got the Top Gear voice over woman! Crikey, that must a cost a few bob. More importantly, Dan Kaseler is building sails again! Maybe I will hold out... see if he produces a Riot/Boxer-esque range...

2 comments:

  1. It should be a quiver of Naish Choppers. You and me baby, sailing away together on our XL Choppers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like a babe UKGirl but I'm married so you're gonna have to find someone elses XL chopper to ride.

    ReplyDelete