Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Road Trip

Three days of overpowered 4.0. Side-on winds. Solid waves. Ultra cold water. Stuff like this:


Jeff Albright, I took this off facebook
'The Rock' Pistol River. Hardcore. Ass kickingly wild windsurfing conditions. I was meant to stop at Santa Cruz in advance of the AWT, but there was no wind. So I just kept driving. Some interesting facts:
  • The speed limit between San Antonio and El Paso is 80 mph! Who said Texans drive slow
  • Gas went from $3.35 to $4.42 per gallon just by crossing the Arizona/California border
  • The truck doesn't do much better than 17mpg unless I drive 60 mph. Ouch! But I can sleep in it in relative comfort, carry all my gear including 3 boards and drive on the beach without getting stuck.
Aside from the humbling sailing conditions. The view from my room is pretty good, you can see whales swimming by.

The attempted solution to my neck rash.

That is one big tuba lube!
Up to now I have been seriously impressed with the sailing level and motivation of the local sailors. It's great to watch them ride the outside set waves. So much to learn.



2 comments:

  1. Having fun brah! Nothing beats a blog that includes a picture of a tub of Vaseline.

    ReplyDelete