Monday, June 3, 2013

Punta San Carlos

Last year I hit PSC on a 20 second South Swell Alert. The conditions were amazing with close to mast high waves at the Point and solid logo at the Chili Bowl. The problem was, I was a tad scared. Scared to push it. Scared to hit the lip. I realized that what are best ever conditions for one person, may not be so great for another.

This year, we got a gang together. The Millers, Mark, the Mejas and I. We booked well in advance based on everyones availability so avoided looking at the forecast figuring we would get what we got. And what we got was, for me, windsurfing perfection! 5 days of sailing, the first four in head high, smackable, superbness. Stuff like this sequence courtesy of Clark: 

BAM!!! Foamburger hit! Click on it.
Clark also took some video one day, all part of the top notch Solosports package. Testing the 2013 Quatro LS 84, seems to turn OK:

 

After 5 days the wind backed off. So we hiked up the Mesa then mountain biked and SUP'd for the last 3 days. So much fun. Just need a week or two now for the muscles and liver to recover.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing rides! Next time, let me know when you are going for windsurf trip. I would love to join the Texas gang!
    Going to PWA Costa Brava next week to watch the action.

    ReplyDelete