Wednesday, March 6, 2013

For KiteBoy

I'm suffering severely from 4 fun fueled days of windsurfing. Each day better than the last.

Saturday - light 5.2 session with 84 twin at South Packery, small waves, some jumping.

Sunday - 5.2 then 4.8 at Bird. I got my Bird freestyle mojo back! Tried clew first spocks because I was way too powered for anything else. Also thought about trying Toads on my 'can only gybe or tack' side.

Monday at work. Decided it was time to utilize some of those vacation days -  rolled up to Packery at 5pm with the sensor showing 30mph average from the South and Olivier and Enes ripping it up. First run out a nice wave kicked up in front of me and BAMM I boosted a backie. I got the usual lift but then seemed to get another boost. WOO HOO!! No way was I gonna hold that one. Bail!!!

Some random person took some video and sent me this clip via e-mail. Thought that was rather nice.


Tuesday - one word. Amazing. To be honest it was a little bitter sweet... Port Aransas. Perfect over head set waves and side off winds. The exact conditions for which I bought Alexs board. Unfortunately, my body wasn't cooperating. It was easily the best day I have ever seen at Port A but 40 minutes in I could barely hang on to the boom. Noooo! If only it could have lasted for longer.

2 comments:

  1. KiteBoy not angry. KiteBoy pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KiteBoy angry Mike blog page take long to load.

    ReplyDelete