Thursday, December 27, 2012

Boards Mag

If you have even a smidgen of interest in wave sailing then this magazine is a must buy.

 
I picked it up in WHSmiths and haven't put it down for days. It's a veritable smorgasbord of everything wave sailing. There is a piece on 'Dream Quivers' which reckons I need not two but three wave boards for an all-round wave sailor! I knew it!! ;) Actually I pretty much agree with the choices but I would skip the small board and play with fins and mast track position on the larger down the line board to save a little bit of cash.
 
They test a couple of boards and include measurements of strap spread and distance from the tail of the straps and mast track. These are exactly the dimensions I found so interesting when comparing my Twin and custom. Unfortunately I don't know what their reference point is for the measurements. Middle of strap and mast track?
 
I was rather surprised to see an article on the Quatro guys in Abreojos, which I thought was officially a secret spot. I really need to get there this year. There is also a 'Complete Wavesailing Directory' which is cool. Only problem is, I couldn't find any Quatro boards listed! Ironic right? Like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a kni-ife. 


No comments:

Post a Comment