Sunday, June 17, 2012

Quest Video Analysis

Bird was really good yesterday. Best day in a long time for me with a handful of people out. I got quite a few decent grubby attempts in, keeping my hands closer together and focusing on sweeping that back leg round, and Julie got a couple on video. Happy Fathers Day to me! Here they are:


I watched the footage on the beach and whilst I thought I was going off the wind, it actually looks like I'm on a beam reach. So I went back out with one objective, to try them further off the wind.

First attempt: Virtually on a run. Got good slide but the sail pushed me onto my back leg.
Second attempt: Did a perfect grubby into no wind. "Nooooo.....glug." Oh. Man. So. Oh. So. Close.
Third attempt: The wind died. Next time.

So. Grubby tip of the week. If you think you are going off the wind, go further, till it feels like you are on a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment