Sunday, June 3, 2012

Grubby Tips

Solid wind at Bird (over powered 5.3). Took a step backwards with the Grubbies on account of the strong wind. In fact, after 4-5 back slapping half loops I decided to do the real thing instead and tried a couple of speed loops. Post sesh I got a couple of tips off freestyle meastro Randy.
  1. Keep the hands close together in strong winds, reduces the tendency to loop
  2. REALLY REALLY kick that back leg round, it can't go half way
Can't wait to try em. I get #2 already. When it's strong I'm quite passive, expecting the tail to come round on it's own. Whilst when it's light I really kick it. So, I'm thinking it's not the wind but my approach that is the difference in light vs. strong winds.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you UKGirl. That's REALLY REALLY REALLY nice of you to say so.

    ReplyDelete