Sunday, September 28, 2014

September Waves

Regurgitating this clip from last September as I'm media-less. I love the chilled vibe and yesterday had similar conditions. After virtually nothing since June, this last session made my fifth good September wave sailing session.



As I was packing up a guy walked up to me. "I just wanted to tell you, I really enjoyed watching you. It looks like so much fun out there. You must be really good at it." Stoked!

Full power side-on 5.2 sailing for 3 hours made the day trip well worth it. With rain approaching I decided to get one last session in. As the rain hit, something magical happened. The wind switched from ENE to N, the stinging rain flattened any chop so that I could see the clean swell lines marching in, making it easy to pick off the best ones. I whooped in joy as I rode chest high smooth side off perfection. 5 or 6 waves down and the wind disappeared, necessitating a swim in. The drive home passed quickly in a haze of contentment.

Texas sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment